The Enrollment and Capacity Management Advisory Committee is a critical element of the planning and communication framework created by the Enrollment and Capacity Management Task Force in February 2016.
The purpose of the Enrollment and Capacity Management Advisory Committee is to analyze information affecting enrollment, capacity, and building use, and to generate observations and recommendations to be communicated to district administration.
Observations and recommendations will:
- Be concise and informed by data
- Align with district racial equity work
- Be sustainable
- Identify and examine the implications for all students
- Identify potential costs and consider funding strategies
- Be made with as much advance notice as possible when change is recommended
Attendance at meetings is by member appointment only
Attendance at ECMAC meetings (including all sub-committee meetings) is by member appointment only.
There are other ways community members can be informed about the group’s work and provide feedback on eventual recommendations:
- All meeting materials are posted below.
- All school board work sessions that have ECMAC items on the agenda are video recorded and can be found below.
- Updates on the group’s work are regularly included in the district’s parent e-newsletter, 279Connect, and the districtwide postcard mailing (Oct, Feb, May).
- Multiple avenues for feedback will be offered when ECMAC is ready to propose potential solutions to over-capacity conditions.
Meeting dates, locations and materials
Tentative meeting dates for 2020-2021 are listed below. More meetings may be added as needed throughout the year and are held at the Educational Services Center as well as different schools throughout the district. **Due to COVID-19, meetings may be held virtually for the 2020-2021 school year.
- September 21, 2020 (Orientation)
- October 19, 2020
- November 16, 2020
- February 1, 2021
- April 19, 2021